|Title||Captain Silas Miller House|
|Collection||Louisville Stereocard Collection|
Captain Silas Miller House at 115 West Broadway, between 1st and 2nd Streets.
Samuel W. Thomas notes "One of several new residences on Broadway belonged to the retired proprietor of the Galt House, Captain Silas Miller, designed in the prevailing Renaissance Revival style by Henry Whitestone. After serving as a medical school, it would become the first home of the University of Louisville's academic department in 1907. After the College of Arts and Sciences moved to the Belknap Campus in 1924, the structure was replaced by a Studebaker dealership." Taken from The Filson Newsmagazine, volume 4, number 2.
|Photographer||Wybrant, Frank Louisville, Ky.|
|Place||Kentucky / Jefferson County / Louisville / Broadway Street|
|Relation||Show Related Records...|